Day #1 - Muddy Buddy Training Cardio Day

We are now less than 2 weeks away from the Muddy Buddy in Orlando. Saturday, April 16th we started to step up the training for the event. The Muddy Buddy is a total of 7 miles consisting of running, off-road biking and an obstacle course all mixed together. One of my goals is to see how they pull of the event and organize a similar event here in Fort Myers.

Saturday was a very intense cardio day. We started off with one hour of Kayaking at Manatee Park. About 12 members of Fort Myers Fitness went along for the ride. I rode with Jillian and our goal was to work in the water not to glide. After the hour I was able to log 343 calories.

After returning from the park, I hit the gym Elyptical machine for 45 minutes (at level 8) and burned a total of 520 calories.

The final leg of the day was a bike ride for 40 minutes. Part of the ride was on the road and part off road (mostly because there is very little room on route 82). That ride burned 349 calories

I use the iPhone all Runkeeper (not the free version) to record all biking and running courses. Runkeeper tracks your activities via GPS and maps your route, calculates calories, distance, pace and calories burned. You can view my account HERE
My login information is eryanradio@comcast.net Password is fitness

Total calories burned for the day 1,212